Otavalo, Ecuador: 7-Day Body+Soul Camp
Hands down, this is the most exquisite, fully-immersive, healing, self-care event we offer. You can call it pampering, self-care, a reset, a detox, a week of therapies for the body and the mind, a yoga and meditation retreat - whatever you’d like. But one thing is clear: it’s changing people’s lives. For someone who wants to go all the way - and experience healing on the inside, outside, and everything in between, Body + Soul Camp is not to be missed!
I’ll just say it - I wish every single person could experience this retreat!
It’s THAT good. Every person that has attended has unanimously loved the experience and felt that coming was one of the best things they’ve ever done. We’ve heard again and again from our retreat alumni: “I want to come again. I want to come every year. I want to send my spouse. I can’t wait to tell everyone about this.”
Transformations are taking place there. There is nothing that can compare with showing love and respect to the body and the spirit - all at the same time. It’s rejuvenation and healing at its finest.
This retreat is The Reset.
It’s like spring cleaning for your mind, the spirit, and your amazing body. This is the experience that can launch you forward with more beauty, power, radiance, and wisdom. We’re talking glowing skin, a surge of energy and liveliness, a oneness with a community who is on the same path, confidence in your body and it’s capabilities, a clearing of any cloudiness in your mind, and LOVE! You will feel a oneness with love in ways you’ve probably never imagined! (Just ask any retreat alumni!) All of this love and good health will change your vibration. And you’ll be taught all the skills you need to maintain that vibration over time. This is the greatest gift you could give yourself.
And, it all takes place IN THE ANDES!
(Note Regarding the Zika Virus: Because this event takes place high in the Andes (over 9,000 ft), the retreat and the Quito Airport are NOT affected by the Zika Virus, as the mosquito is not found above 7,200 ft. Also - the retreat location was not affected by the recent earthquake on the coast.)
Here’s the deal with Body+Soul Camp:
A healthy body is the healthy soil for life and vitality to grow. So in honor of health and the power it has to change our lives, Body+Soul Camp is truly a knitting together of all of the Love & Happiness principles we teach with the principles of eating whole foods, drinking green juice and smoothies daily, eating more live/raw/whole foods, and incorporating spiritual practices like yoga and meditation.
We envision empowered women and empowered men leaving a legacy. We envision people being freed from their ego by understanding their truest identity and acting like it in marriage, in relationships, in families, in jobs, and in all the challenges of life. We envision the pursuit to give and receive love, because that is who you want to be - and because you believe people are worthy of love, and so are you. This is how we make the world a better place. This is humanity at it’s best.
And that’s why we created Body+Soul Camp.
This Retreat is For You If You:
...feel you could benefit from a break from stress, worries, and hectic schedules and come to a place where you can just BREATHE and spend a week taking care of yourself in the BEST WAY humanly possible!
...want to head back into your life, your marriage or relationship, your family, or your endeavors with NEW TOOLS to help you offer your love and good energy to the world.
...want to learn healthy habits you’ll learn can often help you kiss good-bye to fatigue, aches and pains, stress, sleep issues, acne, migraines, bloating, and even reduce or eliminate depression and anxiety. We’ve seen this in others. We’ve experienced it ourselves.
...want a jumpstart to eliminating addictions and unhealthy relationships to sugar, processed foods, unhealthy fats, junk foods, chemically laden foods, refined foods, caffeine, packaged foods, sodas. (And yes, eliminating these things will naturally help you to lose weight if that is one of your goals!)
...want to be LOVED and SUPPORTED FULLY by a kind and loving staff in a group setting - and with other people who are on the same path. (You won’t even believe the force of good you will feel by going through this experience with others.) Your own kitchen cupboards and the cupcakes at the office will be far, far away!
Results You Can Expect:
- You’ll be able to experience things firsthand for yourself and practice things IMMERSED at the experiential level opposed to just reading or thinking about ideas or a healthy lifestyle in a book or on a blog.
- Save time, efforts, and money by addressing healing from every angle: nutrition and nourishment for the body, exercise for the body, healing for the soul, clearing of old patterns and thoughts, love and connectedness with other human beings.
- Have freedom and joy in recognizing your power over your emotional well being. This is priceless.
- Learn how to be the best kind of partner - for now or in the future.
- Do ALL of the things that you wish you could do in your daily life to take care of yourself, but you just don’t have the time.
- Feel connection with other human beings - we’re talking the greatest, highest connection possible. (You’ll see what I mean and I promise you’ll love experiencing it.)
- Freedom from chronic suffering and pain throughout your life (and the costs involved in living that way.) It’s possible to end cycles. It’s possible to reverse old patterns. It’s possible to reclaim your life and your health. You’ll learn how.
- BECOME THE WOMAN/MAN YOU WANT TO BECOME - NOW. Don’t waste another day/week/year.
- Transform the script in your head to reflect the beautiful, powerful person that you are.
- Learn how to feel comfortable and worthy of love in your own skin.
- Look younger and save hundreds on “miracle” skin products, dermatologists, chemicals, medications, surgery, microdermabrasion, peels, etc. Perhaps even heal acne for good (I did!) by eliminating harmful foods.
- Gain knowledge about how to incorporate more WHOLE & LIVE foods into your life.
Body+Soul Camp is hosted in the Andes Mountains at the incredibly charming eco-lodge called Casa Mojanda, on the outskirts of the town of Otavalo. The nearest airport is the Quito International Airport, which is 1 1/2 hours from the property.
Your flight to Quito is not included in the price of the retreat. However, we do provide all ground transportation to and from the airport. We use safe and trusted drivers that we've been using for all our retreats.
Start Time: The retreat will begin with a dinner at 6:00 pm on the first day.
End Time: The retreat will end at 1:00 pm on the last day, just after lunch.
Often our guests will stay an extra night in Quito upon arrival or departure, in the event that their flight time requires an extra night stay. We can recommend a hotel near the Quito Airport. After the retreat, our guests are such good friends that they often spend some time together in Quito while they are awaiting their flights.
This Retreat Includes The Following (It Is An All-Inclusive Event):
Love Classes & Experiential Workshops with Danny and Mara:
- Love Classes:
- Identity: Wholeness & Self-Worth From The Inside-Out
- Choosing Happiness: We Teach You How To Do It
- Marriage & Relationships: Learn How Transformation and Connection is Possible
- The Language of Love
- Forgiveness: The Birthplace Of Healing
- Experiential Workshops:
- Grounding And Gratitude Meditation
- Learn Vulnerability And Presence First Hand
- Forgiveness Meditation
- Speaking A Language Of Love
Daily Detoxing Schedule:
- Oil Pulling - cleansing to the body and removes toxins that accumulate overnight from the teeth and mouth.
- Lemon Juice Cleanse - helps to alkalize and cleanse the body, and start digestion.
- Morning Green Juice - a powerful dose of vitamins, minerals, micronutrients! Allows your body to extend your "fast" and maximize the period of detoxing.
- Mid-Morning Green Smoothie - MORE GREENS :). You'll take in more vitamins and nutrients before noon than most people get in a week!
- Delicious Raw Food Lunch - menu curated by a raw food chef and prepared by our experienced kitchen. It will be 100% LIVE/RAW food for the most ultimate detoxing meal. You're going to be AMAZED!
- Healthy Cooked Vegetarian Dinners - prepared by the local chefs at the property. Their food is super flavorful, healthy, hearty, and delicious.
Group Activities With A Spiritual Healer:
Alexandra is a spiritual healer who will be very connected to each person during the retreat. In addition to being your Yoga, Breathing, and Meditation instructor, Alexandra is a Gestalt Psychologist, an Ayurveda Educator, and a group facilitator. She has designed the yoga, breathing techniques, and meditation to cleanse and support your body during the detox, cleanse your mind and body of negative emotions, and bring positive energy and vibration to your body. You will experience greater strength, greater coordination, greater power, more peace, more clarity, more connection to your spirit, more intuition, more light, more connection with others, and more love. You'll also experience the additional group healing activities below:
- Daily Yoga, Meditation and Breathing Exercises - Every morning
- Affirmation Therapy - A beautiful group exercise that will help you to begin to deeply believe in your beauty, worth, and potential.
- Dance Therapy - It's so fun, I promise! Even if you suck at dancing, like me. :) You'll have the opportunity to let go, laugh deeply, and thrive in your own skin.
- Vulnerability Therapy - Here you get to actually practice vulnerability instead of reading about it. No, do not let that make your palms sweat. :) I promise that it is doable and an extremely meaningful experience for your soul that you won't forget.
Additional Healing Experiences:
- Individual Mentoring Walks with Danny & Mara - to a waterfall (like our “Walks in the Park” in Brooklyn)
- Detoxing/Healing Massage - for each guest during the retreat (one included, additional available upon request)
- Soaks in a Japanese Hot Tub - outdoors and warmed by coals, with GORGEOUS Andean views all around.
- Nightly Movies/Documentaries - to reinforce the healing of both body and soul.
- Group Gathering in a Yurt - a dwelling common in the Andes and often used for spiritual gatherings and ceremonies
- Otavalo Craft Market - a world famous indigenous market with blankets, pottery, rugs, sweaters, woven bags, jewelry, baskets, ponchos, alpaca items, hammocks, hammock chairs, wood carvings, and soooo much more
- A Group Hike at Mojanda Lakes - led by a local indigenous guide.
- A Textile & Craft Tour - a local guide will take us to the country's most esteemed local weavers; basket makers; and instrument makers. This was my mother-in-law's favorite experience in Ecuador during her recent visit.
Plan On Incredible Food!
Yes, let’s get this food thing clear: YOU WILL LOVE IT. The flavors will be rich. The colors vibrant. The plates will be just full of so much goodness that you might even get tricked into thinking you’re eating an indulgent meal. Know that around every corner, the week will be a celebration of food! Healthy food that nourishes us from the inside out. You will walk away with a completely different lens on what it means to eat raw and eat yo’ vegetables.
Breakfast through lunch will be 100% LIVE/RAW food. But don’t think our cooks will be serving you carrot sticks! They've been trained by a raw food chef, and the meals will be filling, delicious, and abundant and will include soups, main dishes, salads, and side dishes. I promise you can do this, even if you’ve never eaten this way before. These raw meals are gourmet. And raw brownies may be involved. :) The best news: these delicious meals and whole food desserts won’t zap your energy, they’ll add to it in leaps and bounds. And what's even better, these meals will be prepared with a lot of love - for your ultimate nourishment and healing.
Dinner will feature some cooked vegetarian dishes by the cooks at the property. Their food is super flavorful, healthy, hearty, and delicious. We know cooked meals are certainly a part of life - and they can also be chock full of whole foods and plants. We want to show you how diverse and flavorful a meal full of vegetables can be. You’ll get to try some Ecuadorian specialties as well as Mexican, Indian, Asian - and it will all be served with so much kindness from the incredible Ecuadorian staff.
There are some private rooms for couples. Some rooms will be shared with individual beds. We'll do our best to accommodate any needs.
The rooms at Casa Mojanda are in little cottages and they are SO beautifully done, well kept, and comfortable. The owner has impeccable taste. Plan on comfortable white linens and towels, hacienda style rooms with thoughtful details, and an incredible art and Ecuadorian craft collection throughout the property that will make you ooh and ahh. A fun note: The owner is a former Brooklynite and used to live in Brooklyn Heights on Orange Street!
More Questions & Answers:
See our F.A.Q. page for more info.
Check out loads of TESTIMONIALS from past guests.
Can you tell? We want to BLOW YOUR MIND.
We want you to feel loved, supported and cared for during this experience. We have thought of every detail possible to make sure this is an experience of a lifetime.
We WANT you to be successful. We want to do everything in our power to make sure that that happens.
Space is limited to 13 people for each Body+Soul Camp. We would be SO thrilled to welcome you and feel confident that you'd have an experience of a lifetime.
Fall 2016: 7-Day Body+Soul Camp in Otavalo, Ecuador
Sun, Oct 9th 6:00 pm to Sat, Oct 15th 1:00 pm